Region 10 is seeking a qualified Office Assistant/Bookkeeper for full-time work to assist with bookkeeping, providing general clerical support, answering phones, data entry, meeting logistics and client support. Proficiency in accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll is required. Must be versed in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. Grants management preferred but not required. Please send resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Region 10, 300 N Cascade, Suite 1, Montrose, CO 81401. Full job description below.
General Statement of Duties
The position is a full-time position responsible for assisting with bookkeeping, providing general clerical support, data entry, meeting logistic coordination and customer service.
The Office Assistant/Bookkeeper reports to the Executive Director of Region 10 League for Economic Assistance & Planning, Inc.
Examples of Duties
- Assists the Accountant with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and payroll.
- Assists the Accountant with bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Assists the Accountant in month end closing, and year-end closing and audit preparation.
- Maintains and develop all mailing/emailing lists for the organization.
- Responsible for filing and purging files, including accounting files.
- Responsible for data entry for reporting purposes as required by the various programs of the organization.
- Provide general clerical support for the staff including typing, copying, faxing, emailing, document preparation, mailing, and filing. Maintains office supplies, equipment, etc.
- Responsible for answering and routing incoming phone calls.
- Greets customers and provides information or directs them accordingly.
- Responsible for coordination of meeting logistics, schedules, and meeting minutes for the organization.
- Assists in facility management including issuance and tracking of keys, building security, maintenance needs, etc.
- Assist the staff with special projects as may be needed from time to time.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Statement of Qualifications
Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of three to five years experience in an office environment and in bookkeeping is required. Previous experience working with a governmental or non-profit organization is desirable. A background check may be required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access Database, and Adobe Acrobat programs.
- Use of 10-key, multiple phone lines, and other office equipment.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping principles.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to organize alpha and numeric files, lists and other documents.
- Physical Demands: Position requires light lifting, stooping, reaching, handling, talking, and hearing and depth perception.
- Mental Functions: Position requires comparing, copying, computing, compiling, coordinating, synthesizing, communicating, and interpersonal skills.
- Environmental Conditions & Physical Surroundings: Position does not involve work in dangerous environmental conditions or physical surroundings.
- Hazards: Position does not involve work with identified hazards.
Please send cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com or by mail to the following address: Region 10, LEAP, Inc.
300 N. Cascade
Montrose, CO 81401