Region 10 is considering applicants for the Regional Broadband Project Manager to provide support in implementation of the regional broadband plan, and to provide assistance to the region’s counties and municipalities in developing broadband services within their communities. The regional plan and additional information is available at region10.net/broadband. Consideration of qualifications for the position include experience in the development of broadband networks, including funding, sales, contract management and compliance. Please send a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to mhaynes@Region10.net or via mail to: Region 10, 300 N Cascade, Montrose, CO 81401.
Region 10 Regional Broadband Implementation Project Manager
In recognition of the importance of affordable access to adequate broadband services, Region 10 has developed a regional broadband implementation plan, available at region10.net/broadband. To assist in implementing the plan, and continuing to support the region’s counties and municipalities in developing broadband services within their communities, Region 10 is now considering applications for the Regional Broadband Project Manager.
The manager will be responsible for oversight and implementation of the Region 10 plan, as well as work with local counties, communities, and ISPs to assist in coordination and funding of broadband efforts. Specifically, the requirements and scope of work would include:
- Understanding of broadband technology, terminology and implementation methodology.
- Meet with interested counties and communities to understand the demand, gaps in service, and the most effective means of ensuring adequate service levels throughout the communities and region.
- Understand and educate counties, communities and stakeholders on legislative issues, concerns and strategies to improve support of rural broadband services.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings as needed to inform local stakeholders and partners on implementation strategies within the region.
- Represent the region as needed in state-wide meetings concerning rural broadband development.
- Work with regional ISPs and anchor institutions to promote understanding of the project and partnership and participation opportunities.
- Participate with the consulting, engineering, construction and management organizations that are involved in the Region 10 implementation plan.
- Oversight of data collection and preparation of reports as needed for grant funding partners.
- Collect base-line service data and assist in development of matrix and collection of data to determine success of the project, including current service availability and pricing, compared to the same after implementation, participation by local governments, ISPs, anchor institutions, etc., and other data determined to be useful in measuring the impact of the project.
Consideration of qualifications for the position would include experience in the development of broadband networks, including funding, sales, contract management and compliance. Ability to show experience in similar projects, innovative efforts or approaches that the vendor has previously implemented, or experience and understanding of the regional project will also be considered.