Every year millions of Americans give essential care to a loved one, spouse, parent or grandparent who is living with a serious medical illness.
Region 10’s Aging & Disability Resource Center and Area Agency on Aging strives to care for these caregivers by providing resources or access to resources to caregivers who are headed through the journey of caregiving. We want to help caregiver’s step forward and thrive rather than just survive. Whether that be through reminding caregivers to take care of yourself or adding resources to your toolbox.
Real Care for Caregivers
The following videos are made possible by our partners at The Caregivers Support Foundation (CSF). They are the go-to nonprofit haven for family caregivers. Caregivers help loved ones with terminal diseases of the central nervous system including dementia of all kinds, Parkinson’s, and brain cancer. CSF provides caregiver support in the form of information and emotional support through writing, support groups, videos, and speaking. We help caregivers persevere and find courage to endure.
About Caregiving Support Groups
Caregiving for Professionals
Region 10 Caregiver Seminar Videos
Additional Region 10 Senior Resources
RSVP | Retired Senior Volunteer Program
RSVP gives senior volunteers, age 55 and older, the chance to use their skills, abilities and life experiences to serve other seniors within their community.LEARN MORE
REGION 10 OPTIONS COUNSELORS BY COUNTY + OTHER RESOURCES
Click the + on each county to see links to resources. Click the X again to close the list.
National & State Resources
- The Alzheimer’s Association
- ElderCare Locator
- National Caregiver Support Program
- Colorado Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Colorado State Unit on Aging
- Medicare Rights
- Administration for Community Living
- Elder Justice
- The Center for Independence
- Community Options
- Gunnison County Adult Senior Services
- Lake City Senior Services (Hinsdale County)
- Tri-County Health Network (Ouray, San Miguel & West End of Montrose Counties)
- All Points Transit 970-249-0128 (Delta, Montrose & San Miguel Counties)
- Senior CommUnity Meals 970-874-7661 (Delta Montrose & San Miguel Counties)
- Uncomphagre Volunteer Legal Aid 970-249-7202
- Hilltop Family Resources Grandparent Support
- Advantage Health Resource Center 844-862-4968